Monday, May 17, 2010

Mermaid Pocket (Toddler Dress #2)

This took me forever to make, whew. I am one slow seamstress. But I'm improving (I think/hope). There are a few imperfections (crooked pocket, strap ends that don't quite match), but overall I am very happy with how this turned out. I used the same pattern as before but used two different fabrics instead of just one, changed the straps for ones that buttoned, and added a pocket.



I'm really loving this fabric combination. The yellow is cut from a giant linen tablecloth I got last year at a yard sale for next to nothing, and the other is from Heather Ross's Mendocino collection (which I finally bought some of upon noticing that it was way marked down now that she has a newer collection out).





I also have a third dress that's just awaiting some final details, and a fourth one cut and ready to be sewn together--I'm kind of hooked on making these dresses right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment